I have been picked by Pradeep Nair as a 'Thinking Blogger'. Pradeep is one of the few journalists I respect. I think his blog is one of the last bastions of the old school of journalism i.e. matter of fact reporting with no biases or personal prejudices coloring the news and his views.
There are three parts to this tag.
First I am supposed to pass this on to five people. I will digress from my usual routine and tag some new people.
1.VMJ: New to the blogging scene but one of the best bloggers I have come across lately. Though he hasn’t written much, there is something readable and thinkable in all his posts. Hope he writes more often.
2. Angel Doc: This lady is the enchantress with words and her posts puts me in deep broody thinking mode. Like I commented in one of her earlier posts, if there was an award for Ms Beautiful Writing, then this lady has my vote all the way.
3. monkinhotwater: A good writer with a sense of humor to match. A thinking blogger for sure as his latest post shows.
4. Safari Al: Very good writer and absolutely not afraid of speaking his mind. He will make you laugh and think with his posts. He blogs here nowadays!
The second part of the tag is about the "Kinds of People I Judge"
This is difficult for me to do as I rarely show interest in people I don’t short list as a friend. But then i do need to judge people to shortlist them so here goes…
1. People who judge others and then categorize them neatly with their prejudiced labels.
2. Men who do not accept the fact that their working wife was “working” in the office and expect her to work at home too.
3. Men who are ashamed of their traditional wives and refuse to bring them to office parties in front of their savvier colleagues and their wives.
4. Unprofessional colleagues who would rather bitch behind your back than sit down and sort differences face to face.
4. People who think that by going to a place of worship they have become holier than everyone even if they are perhaps the worst examples of a human being.
5. Women who cannot accept the success of their female colleagues and attribute it to various reasons other than hard work.
The third part of the tag is about "People and Things I Admire"
1. I admire people who are comfortable with their looks, status and their realities.
2. I admire people who can put aside the bitterness of their past and move on in life.
3. I admire men who are comfortable in the company of women and can treat them as fellow human beings and not as just "women".
4. I quite admire people who can leave their personal side in the home when they leave for office.
5. Women who are house proud.
The five people tagged here can take up this tag if they wish to :)