Recently I realised that I harbor some really irrational fears. Most of these fears are due to real life incidences that have happened to others. Some of the things that make me worry unnecessarily are:
1. While driving under a flyover I feel that a bus or a truck will fall on my head :p
2. I always carry a duffle bag with my laptop inside while driving my Kinetic. Every now and then I must check the bag strung on my back to ensure that my lappie is inside. I am sure one day I might leave the zipper of the bag open and my lappie will fall down or someone will steal it from the bag at a red light or traffic jam.
3. I am very scared of geysers left too long to heat. I feel it will burst and spill hot water all over me.
4. I am scared of gas cylinders. I feel one will burst, chumma just like that when I am around.
5. My greatest fear is my lappie crashing and hence I do data back up once a week. I have a pile of CD's with data backed up. In fact it was this fear that made my last boss and this boss issue me with a PC too. But I still back up my files on a CD :p
6. Due to some horrible coincidence I almost always end up flying in an ATR aircraft. I am damn sure that one day those giant fans will come loose and make a neat pile of 'sliced silverine'.
7. While reversing the car I am so sure that one day I might run over a small child. So I double and triple check to see if there is no one behind before I reverse.
8. I am scared of construction sites and walk as far away as I can from them because I feel that something will come crashing on my head.
9. While walking my doggies I make sure that they walk to my left. I am afraid that a vehicle will go over them since they so small.
10. I drive both my brothers crazy if they are out late (and vice versa). I just cannot sleep properly till I know that all members of the family are all under one roof safe and sound. SMS'ing me just does not help.
11. I am damn sure that one day I will forget the password of my blog :p I can remember what I wore for my 4th birthday but I cannot remember passwords. To counter this when I change my password I immediately store it in my PDA.
12. Another great fear, now fast subsiding is someone hacking my blog and taking it away or worse putting objectionable content in it.
Now someone please tell me their irrational fears so that I know that I am not the only one.